Business Visitor visa
There are a lot of provisions made by U.K government for business people that can contribute to the British economy. Every year they invite businesses of all shapes and sizes ranging from retailers to entrepreneurs and investors.
Let us go through short but step-by-step, accurate and to the point information that helps out to make a plan for business in U.K.
- Documents you must provide
Applying for a business visitor visa to U.K. can be on sheer reasons.
You can send application if you want
- to come to U.K. for a short span of time on basis of the job
- you need to apply for a visa if you live outside the European Economic Area (EEA) including Switzerland
Types of Visas available for visitor
Business Visitor visa
This visa is for foreign people who want to come to the UK to carry out all sorts of business oriented or professional activities including but not limited to conferences, meetings, and training.
Doctors and dentists visa
This visa is for doctors and dentists. Authentic medical officers have to furnish their clinical attachments or may take the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test.
Academic visitor visa
This type of visa is broadly designed to meet requirements of those who want coming to U.K. for accompanying their research, conduct R&D or like experiments rather solely for students who want to come to the country to become qualified by University degree.
How long does it take
Generally, it does take no more than 3 weeks of time to process your visa application by U.K embassy, including receiving a decision. But if this has gone prolonged, you should check out guidelines for your specific country.
You need to apply for a visa at least up to 3 months before from your date of travel to the UK.
How long you can stay
Time allowed to stay in U.K. for all types of visa holders except academic visitors is 6 months.
Academic visitor stay time extends to 1 year.
While your stay in the country is within stipulated timeframe of allowed 6 months, you can apply to extend the visa for total time you can spend.
This comes in handy when you possess business plan that anticipates multiple or repeated visits over a long period of time.
Your individual visits cannot long last more than 6 months but ultimate visa time can be 1 year, 2 years, 5 years or maximum 10 years so that you don’t have to reapply.
Family members of academic visitors
In case any of family members want to come to U.K. on basis of their offspring studying in the country, they can apply as a general visitor or child visitor rather for a temporary resident visa.
Stay allowed for a general visitor visa is 12 months.
The fee structure is organized by U.K officials in accordance with a number of years or allowed time validity of the visa.
At a bare minimum, business visas cost £83 per person.
Long-term visit visa fees are as follows, all described with standard rate, any additional charge may or may not be levied by U.K. government.
• £300 for 1 year or up to 2 years
• £544 for up to 5 years
• £737 for up to 1o years
What you can do
Be careful before executing kind of activity after landing on the soil of U.K., for NOT all business or professional activities are proclaimed in each type of visa.
We will look at NOTs permitted a set of activities because most business related trades aren’t considered intrusion to legal constitution unless one is identified with or suspected of spying related issues.
You can NOT
- live in the UK for more than allowed period of time unless you are specifically availed this facility
- give notice of marriage with a U.K citizen or bind self with any kind of civil partnership
- avail public funds
- engage in work contract that is contradictory to your purpose of visit
You can reliably involve with the permitted activities related to your job as long as you’re employed and paid by an overseas company.
You can also study or take coaching for up to 30 days maximum as far as this is not the main reason for your visit.
You should check and apply for a visa under Tier 2 or Tier 5 if you want to enjoy benefits of academic visa after you have reached to U.K by other than an academic visa.
What follows are generic criteria underpinned by U.K. embassy to make sure that they allow a legible entity to enter into the country.
According to the immigration and visa rules, your visa will be refused if you don’t meet these requirements for eligibility or you if have not dispatched enough information.
- be 18 years or over
- be from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland
- be able to make survival through enough savings and sources through abroad to support you for the duration of the trip
- not be in transit to another country except Ireland
When applying for a business visitor visa, you should be conscious to fulfill anyone of following requirements.
- You should be an employee of a company with an office situated in the U.K.
- You should be designated as any kind of business advisor or trainer
- In case you are an overseas qualified nurse, you have to take the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- For actors, they should be a member of an overseas film crew and present documents that allow for a location shoot
To get full list of eligibility related details PDF for business visa, feel free to send us an e-mail at
Company customer cares e-mail id.
You can also apply for business oriented visit if:
- you want to negotiate a business deal with a U.K. firm
- you want to make a site visit for inspection or any like purpose
- you want to carry out a fact-finding mission to explore potential markets or suppliers
- you are attending a pre-arranged conference or a trade fair without selling any products, services or offerings
- you want to render certain types of services on behalf of a foreign manufacturer
3. Documents to furnish
Emphatic efforts are recommended to polish your portfolio of documents to avoid last minute trouble, especially after reaching to U.K.
Please do NOT dissipate documents at arrival.
You are supposed to bring
- a passport size photo, possibly one with colors
- your current passport
- travel related identification proof
- evidence to prove your sound financial condition, e.g. bank statements, payslips of various accounts for the last 6 months
- details of your stay, like state and city, if not an exact place of address, and you may be asked to reveal your travel plans
When you are packing visa application before sending it to U.K. embassy, your passport booklet should have a blank page in which visa signature can be inked.
You may need to provide additional documents depending on your personal background history or circumstances you might have gone through.
For years, we are setting new standards in customer service as expert visa consultants.
We are here to help, assist and support our clients for any and all aspects of their immigration and visa matters.Call us right away on customer care no of our company