Let us first have an idea What UK is made up of! The United Kingdom of Great Britain comprises of four countries namely, England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. It is the final destination for a hundreds of thousands families and students from across the globe to make their home as well as a dream destiny for studying. This is only the reason why UK has become a richly diverse, multicultural society with a quarter of a million international students over here at any point of time.
Have a look on the way you will be able to study in UK:
- There are more than three thousand educational institutions for international students in the UK.
- You can always have an option from a variety of routes through the education and training system in UK.
- There are large variety of different types of course according to your needs and capabilities.
- You can also opt for a study program through distance learning from your home country.
The UK has two distinct systems of courses and qualifications:
- One for England, Wales and Northern Ireland whereas the other one is for Scotland. Each is compatible with the other.
- The Scottish Parliament has devolved responsibility for education in Scotland. Wherever you choose to study, you will be able to study for a relevant, world class qualification of exceptional quality.
Population In UK
Over 60 million.
Climate Of UK
UK has a temperate climate. The climate of Britain is variable and changeable from day to day. There are four seasons… Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn.
Main Cities In United Kingdom
The main cities in each of the countries are…
||London, Bath, Newscastle
Culture & Multiculturism
People in UK like festivities the most and are fond of celebrations. Theatres, concerts and art galleries; giant sports events; pubs and restaurants are some of the diverse elements of the UK. Besides UK can be said to be an ideal blend of the cultures of four countries with their different cultures, values, living traditions and standards, enchanting architecture with magnificent landscapes making this country a worth living place and ideal place for learning.
Transport In UK
The UK has an extensive and regular train service which makes most UK cities and towns well linked with one another. Travel within is quite easy as the UK has an excellent public transportation system.
Why Study in UK?
Recognized And Respected Throughout the World:
UK is better known as the learning seat of Europe and of the world as well. A degree certificate from a UK university will be a solid foundation for building your fortune, boosting your career with a handsome salary and will reward you with an edge over the others.
Excellent Quality of Education: Studying with any of the university in UK grooms your persona all the way as the syllabus offered by each university is creative, vibrant and challenging. Moreover, the standards maintained at these universities are considered to be the best of its kind in the industry and the schools, colleges, and universities are bound to meet the teaching standards strictly set by the education monitoring authority.
- UK is not only economic in terms of education but also very fruitful in terms of the time frame within which a student can complete his/her courses earlier than the same done at any other universities in other countries.
- You will be able to complete the basic bachelor’s degree course in three years and the Master’s courses in only one year. This timeframe of learning saves both your tuition fees as well as living costs besides the precious whole one year. It facilitates you to start working and earning earlier.
- The degree courses offered by UK universities shorter yet more intensive. This is only the reason why Studying in UK is time and cost effective.
Excellence in Teaching:
In today’s fastest changing scenario of world economy, the demand for various products as well as services has emerged with unending horizons and is still expanding in various facets of life. This environmental flexibility requires manpower with effectiveness, creativity and innovation in the job they are doing. This is the criteria where the UK educational institutions stand unique with their variety of teaching and assessment methods to encourage innovation and independence which help the students to gain mastery over the subjects they are studying.
Excellent Career Prospects
While you are educated through any of the Educational Institute in the UK, it offers you excellent career prospects irrespective of the field you are pursuing. The study courses available in the UK are designed and updated time by time and equip the students well to face the challenging and changing demands of the world at large. Students are encouraged and motivated to be inquisitive and discuss their concepts freely in seminars and during their tutorials. These traits are backed by their in-depth reading and analysis they carry out throughout their academic year.
Welcoming International Students
There has always been a warm welcome for the international students in the UK. Most of the universities have their own dedicated international students office with a comfortable infrastructure and faculties. Moreover, you will always find international students’ societies and a well thought out social activities for the international students.
The education system is certainly well planned in respect of the time and cost that a student has to bear. Normally, higher education begins when a student reaches the age of 18 and then he/she plans for the next Master level education which is normally of 2 years in most countries. UK universities offer comparatively shorter duration courses which a student will be able to complete within the span of a year. However, these courses are more intensive than the courses in any other country in the world. But what is important is this duration and cost definitely reduce the time and living expenses that a student has to bear.
Now let us have a look at different courses and their duration:
- A Bachelor degree programs(Sandwich Courses):
They normally last for 3 to 4 years and are usually taught programs. Sandwich courses are the courses which are accompanied by practical work experience. Under this scheme,
- A student could either complete 2 years of college, then a year of commercial training before returning for a final year in college.
- Or, he/she could do a 4-year course with 3-6 months training interspersed in each year.
- The main advantage is that the student gets exact work experience while he/she is in the learning mode. This option is available with most universities in the UK.
- A Masters degree program is 1 year and a Doctoral degree program lasts for 3-4 years.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) / Higher National Certificate (HNC) / Foundation Degree
- HND is awarded by Vocational and Technical Educational Councils.
- These courses are usually of one to two-year courses in vocational, career related higher education in the subjects relating to science and business management.
- What is significant in these courses is that a lot of emphases is placed on practical work experience.
- It is often seen as the first stage towards a degree course as the credits can be transferred.
- Foundation Degrees
They are also often the first stages of a degree and are generally two-year career-related higher education courses.
- Vocational Courses
They offer an opportunity to enter the university system slowly. Business and Technology Education Council (BTEC), General Vocational Qualifications (GNVQ), General Scottish Vocational Qualifications (GSVQ) offer recognized courses in a range of disciplines. Most students opt to take 1-2 years of, for example, BTEC courses before being transferred to a degree program
The average range of Tuition Fees is as below…
||5,500 – 12,000
|Engineering and Science Courses
||6,500 – 12,000
||7,000 – 16,500
Average costs of living per week are…
|Bills & Transport
|Entertainment & Others
General living expenses may be about 20% greater in London than elsewhere.
English language skills will be important for your future career prospects. English is accepted as being the language of business, science, IT and the Internet around the whole world. Learning English in the UK allows you to immerse yourself in the language, to live and think in English.
The language that a person uses describes his decorum in its totality. English, in today’s time being a universally accepted language, plays a vital role in the personal development of a person helps you gain a wider acceptance in any area of life be it business, science, IT or the Internet around the globe. Learning English in the UK lets you immerse in the language to live and think in English.
Thousands of scholarships and bursaries are offered by UK institutions just for international students, while more than twenty-one thousand international students receive scholarship funding from the UK Government every year.
You are granted 20 hours per week during your studies whereas Full time working hours during vacation.