Student Visa New Zealand
What makes a genius apart from the rat race is the way he or she has been taught throughout their academic career. On the other hand, the basic lessons remain the same but the methodology to impart the knowledge makes a sizable difference. New Zealand is one such nice place for a student to sharpen his/her talent in any area of education. Standards of living, Studying, Working and settling too are much more convincing and comfortable than that in the rest of the countries in the world. You will get all that is needed to build a sound career and empower yourself to enter and tackle the highly competitive professional world with ease. The degrees that you obtain from the some of the best universities of the world are widely acclaimed for their repute and advanced methodology of teaching.
Some of the best attractions that New Zealand universities have are:
- Best projects and research work
- Campus Visits by the Industry giants
- Industrial Visits of the students for practical knowledge
- Advanced internship facilities
- Use of High end technology and methodology of teaching (based on prestigious British system)
- Peaceful atmosphere to study in multi-cultural society environment
- The most convincing and studying and working together hours
- Cost effective study fees structure
Now ponder over the best in the pocket with New Zealand,
- Safety & Security
- Comparatively Small country yet it offers the vast opportunities for development in various sectors
- Most institutes in New Zealand stand at a high rank across the globe
- Low cost of living as compared to that with other countries
- A person with a degree from a university from New Zealand is widely recognised and appreciated.
British education system is followed by almost every institute in New Zealand with world class facilities, resources and faculties. It would be easier for any student to move to any country of his or her choice as the degrees from NZ are well recognized worldwide.
Let us have a look at the educational institutes and the governing body for the same in New Zealand:
- There are 8 Universities, 23 Polytechnics or Institutes of Technology (ITP’s) and 860 Private Training Establishments (PTE’s) in New Zealand.
- New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) is responsible for approving, registering and accrediting all courses and national qualifications offered at polytechnics and private training establishments.
- New Zealand Vice-Chancellors’ Committee (NZVCC) is responsible for approving all diplomas, undergraduate and graduate programmes offered by the New Zealand universities.
- ITPNZ – Institutes of Technology and Polytechnics of New Zealand is responsible for overseeing and approving all local qualifications offered at polytechnics.
Levels of Study in New Zealand:
There are 10 levels of study in New Zealand schools and universities. The lowest level is for a certificate course and the highest is a doctoral degree course.
- Certificates are levels 1 to 4
- Diplomas are levels 5 and 6
- Bachelor’s degrees and graduate diplomas are level 7
- Postgraduate certificates and diplomas, and bachelor’s degrees with honours are level 8
- Master’s degrees are level 9
- Doctoral degrees are level 10
Major Intakes In NZ
Admission Documents For New Zealand Student Visa
- Passport Copy
- Photographs (2)
- IELTS / TOEFL
- Statement of purpose
- Mark Sheet / 10+2 Mark Sheets
- Mark Sheets – FY / SY / TY (if applicable)
- Recommendation Letters ( if applicable)
- Work Experience Letters (if applicable)
NZ Student Visa Mandatory Test
Pre-Degree-Diploma & Undergraduate Degree
- IELTS (Academic) score – Overall score of 6.0 with no band less than 5.5 or overall 5.5 with no band less than 5.0
- IELTS (Academic) score – Overall band score of 6.5 & band score of 6.0 in all bands
Programs in New Zealand:
- Travel & Tourism
- Computing & IT
- Health Care
- Marine Engineering
- Forensic Science
Fund Transfer Scheme
Under this scheme the student has to transfer at least 12 months’ living expenses to a bank account in New Zealand, in addition to paying the tuition fee for one year. The amount deposited by the student in the bank will be for 12 months and the student will be allowed to withdraw $1250 on monthly basis for the period of 12 months.
FTS is only an option and is not a mandatory requirement by INZ.
More Information about FTS is available at
UNIVERSITIES & COLLEGES IN NEW ZEALAND
- Auckland Institute of Technology
- Canterbury University
- Central Institute of Technology
- hristchurch Polytechnic
- Lincoln University
- Massey University
- UNITEC Institute of Technology
- University of Auckland
- University of Otago
- University of Waikato
- Victoria University of Wellington
- Waikato Polytechnic
- Waikato University
- Whitecliffe College of Art & Design
- AIS St. Helens
- New Zealand School of Travel and Tourism
- Computer Power Institute
- Newton College of Business and Technology
- Design and Arts College