Why Study in Australia?
It is no wonder that Overseas Education has always been looked up as a highly expensive affair and was out of the reach of the truly deserving people mainly because of the financial aspects. In this regard, Australia is the most ideal place to opt for higher as well as undergrad studies as it has come up with many educational institutes with a high standards of quality education at the most economical models. Besides, Australia is quite comfortable in respect of living conditions and a tolerant multicultural society. It should be noted here that The Australian Higher Education Institutions rank amongst the world’s best institutes with the highest quality standards of education
The Higher Education in Australia provides value for money by offering shorter yet more intensive courses. Moreover The Australian Education is more practical and responsive to the current needs of the present day professional and business world scenario as it incorporates the latest innovations in every area of life-be it a science or marketing or management or finance.
Australia seems to be high on the list for many reasons:
- Indian students with 12 + 3 are eligible to apply for the Masters degree course in Australia.
- Masters Degree courses are available with the flexible duration of 1, 1.5 or 2 years.
- Australian Education is welcomed and has wider acceptance throughout the globe.
- Visa processing is quite simple and less tedious.
- As of now over 6, 00,000 students of Indian Origin are studying in Australia.
- High Standards of education in terms of international standards along with a good research facilities equipped with state of the art equipment.
- Australian universities are members of an International Academic Community. Moreover their academic staff is usually recruited on international standard basis.
- Australian academics and graduates are keenly recruited into institutions overseas, indicating a measure of Quality Education.
- ESOS Act (The Education Services for Overseas Students) has been enacted and implemented to protect the interest of overseas students
- Safe country with pleasant climate and a stable democracy.
In Australia, every course offered by a university has a CRICOS Code (The Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students). It is the code given by the Australian Government implying that the education system in the university with CRISCOS Code is completely controlled by the Ausis Government. You won’t find any formal ranking of universities in Australia. Thus students from all around the world have long made Australia their education destination.
Indian and Australian education systems are very similar in structure, i.e. 10+2+3.
The VET & TAFE’S:
It would be important for you to have an about the VET & TAFE.
(VET) Vocational Education and Training helps students to get practical skills for the career they are pursuing and is divided into two sections:
- Technical and Further Education (TAFE)-a nationally recognized government system of technical education;
- and private technical education providers.
On the successful completion of the VET courses the students awarded with certificates, advanced certificates, associate diplomas and diplomas for the courses like,
- pilot training
- business management
- hospitality and tourism and so on
More about TAFE:
- TAFE is the largest provider of tertiary education courses in Australia.
- Most TAFE institutes have arrangements with specific universities.
- It enables the students to gain credit for a portion of their study undertaken at TAFE.
- Studying at TAFE level is also a way of gaining entry – termed a pathway – to Australia’s premier universities.
There are 37 public universities and two private universities in Australia. These universities offer both undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
You will be able to earn the following degrees by studying at either of the Universities;
- Undergraduate – Bachelor Degrees
- Bachelor Degrees (with Honors’)
- Undergraduate Diplomas
- Associate Diplomas
- Postgraduate – Doctoral Degrees
- Masters Degrees
- Graduate Diplomas and Graduate Certificates
One more thing important to note here is,The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) score is preferred by most Australian Institutions as English proficiency Test and sometimes it is mandatory in case of some universities.
You are required to furnish the following Admission Documents for the admission in an Australian University.
- Statement of Purpose
- Mark sheets and Passing Certificates from 10th onwards
- Two reference letters from colleges / employers
- Passport copy
- Birth Certificate
- IELTS score sheet
Documents for Visa:
The Documents required for Visa has to be in 5 sets
- Personal Details forms & Information
- All Academics – Originals
- All Financial Documents – Originals
- All Academic Documents – Notary Attested
- All financial documents – Notary Attested
Streamlined Visa Processing:
This visa is designed particularly for students outside Australia and are applying for a visa to study in Australia at a participating university.
Streamlined visa processing means, “The applicants are treated as though they are at a lower migration risk (similar to the current Assessment Level 1) regardless of their country of origin.”
Who is this visa for:
This visa is for you if you want to do one of the following:
- Apply for your first student visa
- Apply for subsequent student visa
- Apply to join a family member who is in Australia on a student visa
The following courses of study options in Australia are available with you
You can opt for either of the following courses in Australia. Orbit, Australian Visa Consultants from Ahmedabad, will comply with every minute detail needed for the following courses and ease your path for your bright career.
- Bachelor degree
- Masters by coursework.
What is more attracting in case of studying in Australia is you can also join an another course of study besides your main course you intend to do. It would also make you eligible for streamlined visa processing.
According to the Student Visa Consultant for Australia at Orbit, if you are applying for this visa in Australia, you must either be the current holder of a qualifying visa or have held a certain visa and that is not more than 28 days prior to lodging your application.
How much will this visa cost?
The Visa Cost for Australia is comparatively reasonable and comfortable to your pocket. However it should be noted that,
- The Students Visa Cost for Australia is $ 550 approximate subject to change according to the Australian visa policy. (Please confirm the fees)
- You will need to pay a non-refundable visa application charge when you lodge your visa application.
What you are entitled to with this visa in Australia?
This visa permits you many attracting comforts along with studying. Some of the most enchanting ones are:
- You can study in Australia along with any eligible dependent family member.
- Eligible dependent family members can accompany you to Australia. However, they need to have a visitor visa with them.
- You can manage your expenses easily as you are eligible to work up to 40 hours per fortnight while your course is in session and unlimited hours during scheduled course breaks.
- While your family members can work up to 40 hours per fortnight provided you have commenced your course of study in Australia.
- If you are doing a postgraduate course, such as a Masters by coursework degree, your family members can work unlimited hours once you commence this course.
- Your partner can study in Australia for up to three months.
Note: If your partner wants to study for more than three months they must apply for their own student visa. The application can be made in Australia.
Post Study Work Scheme in Australia:
Let us elaborate the eligibility criteria for the Post Study Work Scheme in Australia:
Certain graduates with
- An Australian Bachelor degree,
- Masters by coursework degree,
- Masters by research degree or Doctoral degreeare eligible to the post-study work visa. In other words, the students intending to apply for Post study work visa in Australia should have at least two years of academic study record in Australia at the Bachelors level or Masters level.
- To be eligible for the post-study work visa, students must have completed their studies in Australia while on a student visa.
- In the last six months before applying for the visa, the applicant must have completed a Bachelor degree (or a higher level course such as a Masters or Doctoral degree) obtained in Australia.
- It is equally important to note here that the students with diploma qualifications are Not Eligible for the Post Study Work Visa. The students holding diploma qualifications can, however, be eligible for a visa under the ‘Graduate Work’ stream.
- You must comply with the mandatory legal requirements in respect of English language, health, character and security and they should meet along with the evidence of adequate health insurance for the duration of the visa.
- The English language requirement will be competent English, which is a minimum score of 6 in each of the four components of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or the equivalent score in another English language test that may be specified by the Minister for Immigration and Citizenship in regards to this visa.
- Graduates who have completed a Bachelor degree or Masters by coursework degree in Australia will be eligible to apply for a two year post-study work visa.
- Graduates who have completed a Masters by research degree or a Doctoral degree in Australia will be eligible to apply for a post-study work visa for three or four years respectively.